Clifford Saper - Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Held from 9:30-10:30 in the HIM_Bray Conference Room, 1st floor
Clifford B. Saper, M.D, James Jackson Putnam Professor of Neurology and Neuroscience
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
"The Structural Basis of Coma and Consciousness"
1. To understand the structural basis for the ascending arousal system.
2. To understand why lesions of the parabrachial nucleus and the basal forebrain, but not other sites, cause coma.
3. To understand the role of the ascending arousal system in waking up from sleep apnea.
To text in your attendance:
1. Register here: https://bostonchildrens.cloud-cme.com/Aph.aspx (only needs to be done once).
2. Text your assigned activity number to this phone number (617) 648-7950.
a. Longwood Neurology Grand Rounds Activity Number: 527
b. You can only record attendance 15 minutes before, during or 15 minutes after the activity time
*Paper sign in sheets are available at the front of the room for those who do not want to text in.