Emery Brown - Massachusetts General Hospital
Held from 9:30-10:30 in the HIM_Bray Conference Room, 1st floor
Emery Brown, Ph.D., M.D., Edward Hood Taplin Professor of Medical Engineering and Computational Neuroscience MIT and Warren M. Zapol Professor of Anaesthesia, Harvard Medical School
Massachusetts General Hospital
Bray Conference Room, Harvard Institutes of Medicine
"Deciphering the Dynamics of the Unconscious Brain Under General Anesthesia: Defining New Paradigms"
- Learn the neural circuit mechanisms of action of the commonly used anesthetics and the role of EEG oscillations as manifestations of these actions.
- Learn how the EEG and it’s spectrogram along with the clinical neurological examination can be used to track the brain states of patients receiving general anesthesia and sedation.
- Learn how brain dynamics under general anesthesia change with age.
- Learn about new approaches that are being developed to induce emergence from general anesthesia.
To text in your attendance:
1. Register here: https://bostonchildrens.cloud-cme.com/Aph.aspx (only needs to be done once).
2. Text your assigned activity number to this phone number (617) 648-7950.
a. Longwood Neurology Grand Rounds Activity Number: 527
b. You can only record attendance 15 minutes before, during or 15 minutes after the activity time
*Paper sign in sheets are available at the front of the room for those who do not want to text in.